Ten Questions: Offspring's Noodles
Concerts are always better when you feel like you have a personal connection with the band. With that in mind -- and in honor of our Samsung Summer Krush Tour ticket giveaway -- we asked Offspring guitarist Noodles (yes, it is SO a real name!) ten vital questions about his gaming experience.
1. Do you play games?
Yes, I do.
2. What games do you play?
I love all the Grand Theft Auto Games, the ATV Fury games, and I keep going back to my Kelly Slater Pro Surfer game.
3. What's the longest stretch of time you ever spent playing a game?
Oh, I don't know, maybe half a day?
4. What in-game item do you wish you could use in real life?
I wish I could use all the vehicles from the GTA games, the cars, planes and boats, and I wish I could drive them in real life with the same lack of regard to any laws, rules, or regulations.
5. Nintendo or Sega?
We play Wii backstage sometimes, so I'd have to say Nintendo.
6. Rock Band or Guitar Hero (or neither)?
I play Rock Band with my friends and family from time to time. I pretty much suck at it, but it's still fun.
7. What member of your band / crew would you consider your biggest videogame rival?
Greg K and I are pretty big rivals. A few years ago I kicked his ass at Galaga, but now he schools me at Mario Kart and golf.
8. If you were a videogame character, what would your name be and why?
I guess Gnudz, because it's short for Noodles
9. Of all your band members / crew, who is "Luigi"?
Definitely Greg K. Though he looks more like Waluigi.
10. If they ever had a game based on you, what would you want to see in it?
It would probably be a beer-drinking game that tested your ability to drive, surf, skate, and play Galaga all while under the influence.