Corpse Run 203: Draftology
In consideration of today being the opening of the first round of the 2012 NFL Draft, I figured a draft comic was in order. I’m sure that there are plenty of fans out there that can relate with today’s strip.
So, while I feel like saying this might jinx it, Jackie and I have not spotted any mice at all over the last couple of weeks; it appears as though our total will rest at ten. Yet, as we close that chapter of our lives, a new one opens.
A few nights ago (when I wasn’t at home) we got a ton of rain in New York, so much so that I got this lovely pair of text messages from Jackie Monday morning:
“Just so you know when you get back. My ceiling was leaking last night. I woke up to some Chinese water torture $#!&. I down’t even know what time it was”
“All the stuff I left out on the ground in my room got wet including my mattress.”
Apparently the landlords were unwilling to help her in the middle of the night, and waited until the morning to do anything about it, leaving a bunch of her stuff wet and gross. Since this time, I’m pretty sure they haven’t fixed the roof yet, considering that the roof access goes through our apartment and at least one of us is home at any given time.
If we get another big bout of rain and the roof leaks again… that would… blow… I guess.
At least there are no more mice, though!
By the by, I did a pair of livestreams on Monday and Tuesday, and I’ve really got to say thankyou to the people who watched, especially those (you know who you are) who have been commenting during the streams and starting up conversations with me. I’m a pretty shy guy, so I need some poking and prodding in order to start talking.
Chances are there will not be any more this week, but I plan on having a few next week. Keep your eyes pasted to the column on the left (if you're at the dedicated site) to see when new livestreams are happening, and I’ll also post about it on Twitter when I have a schedule planned!
So to cap off today’s post, I will put up the first anual Corpse Run NFL Mock Draft… which will probably be totally off and suck. Here goes!
1. Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. Redskins: Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
3. Vikings: Mat Kalil, OT, USC
4. Browns: Justin Blackmon, WR, OKS
5. Buccaneers: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
6. Rams: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
7. Jaguars: Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
8. Dolphins: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
9. Panthers: Melvin Ingram, OLB, South Carolina
10. Bills: Reily Reiff, OT, Iowa
11. Cheifs: David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
12. Seahawks, Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
13. Cardinals: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
14. Cowboys: Mark Barron, SS, Alabama
15. Eagles: Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
16. Jets: Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama
17. Bengals: Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
18. Chargers: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
19. Bears: Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
20. Titans: Andre Branch, DE, Clemson
21. Bengals: Janoris Jenkins, CB, UNA
22. Browns: Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia
23. Lions: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
24. Steelers: Dont’a Hightower, LB, Alabama
25. Broncos: Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
26. Texans: Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois
27. Patriots: Quinton Couples, DE, UNC
28. Packers: Nick Perry, DE, USC
29: Ravens: Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
30. 49ers: Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
31. Patriots: Devon Still, DT, Penn State
32. Giants: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
If you so choose, feel free to let me know how wrong, awful, and terrible my mock was once the draft is over!
Also, if you’re not a football fan, sorry that things are kind of… footbally… today.